This is a Public Service Announcement but also representative of the times in which we live. Hackers are targeting all types of systems, financial, healthcare, and the usual personal devices. Senior Living happens to be at an intersection where their networks may handle processing sensitive financial details as well as pharmaceutical information.
Experts are warning that Senior Living Communities need to take this risk seriously and bolster up their networks so that 2015 doesn’t become a bad year for hacks in their industry. For more on this read this post from Senior Housing News Why Senior Living is a Prime Target for Hackers.
There are many ways the risk can be mitigated and greatly reduced. Progressive Communications designs multiple types of converged networks – whether a multi-site enterprise or a singular location.
One particular security solution includes a complete, robust feature-set right out of the box.This comes without fees per-feature or by numbers-of-user that exist with many other security offerings.
Some of these features include:
- Identity-Based Firewall: Automatically assigns firewall and traffic shaping rules, VLAN tags, and bandwidth limits to enforce the right policies for each class of users.
- Intrusion Prevention: Protects critical network resources from the latest security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Auto VPN: Securely connects branch locations using mesh or hub-and-spoke topologies.
- Content Filtering: Block undesirable web content across 70+ categories, and leverage cloud lookups to filter billions of URLs.
- Anti-Malware / Anti-Phishing: Scans HTTP traffic for malware, trojans, and phishing schemes to allow users to securely surf the web.
- High Availability & Failover: Provides device and connection integrity through multiple uplinks, warm spare failover, and self-healing VPN.
- Application Visibility & Control: Identify which applications are being used, and then prioritize critical apps while limiting recreational apps.
- Geography-Based IP Firewall: Geo-based firewalling prevents traffic to or from any individual country with simple clicks. Easily block unauthorized access from overseas IP ranges.
- Centralized Management: Seamlessly manage campus-wide WiFi deployments and distributed multi-site networks from a single pane-of-glass.
This solution is ideal for a Senior Living Community to have installed and managed. No more worrying about if the network is secure and your residents’ information protected.